Tuesday, April 26, 2005

ssh Problems after upgrade

My development server at home runs with debian. At First i installed debian woody with a chroot sarge environment. Then i bought a 200 GB Harddisk and was forced to upgrade my woody kernel to 2.6.10. I managed to get woody to work with the new Harddisk and everythink else, but in my sarge chroot environment my ssh will not work anymore.

It says: could not allocate tty or stdin: is not tty.

I checked the usual thinks, /dev/pty are more than enough, mtab and fstab are ok for an chroot environment. The sshd_config is also allright. The only version how i managed to get ssh to work was from linux typing: ssh root@localhost -p sh -i

Uninstalling and then reinstalling ssh again will not work. And i could not find anythink on the net. I will not give up, but i do not know what option i have to try?

No comments: