Thursday, April 28, 2005

new Handies and Technologies

This week i bought a new Handy... it is a SonyEricsson K700i. After charging the phone about a day (i was at work) i finally was able to install the PC Software. Then i connected my phone with the PC through Bluetooth. After that i started downloading all Sounds and Videos for backup reasons... well i started it yes... but it did not end...

After a couple of hours i was able to backup everythink.. the problem: the phone froze and nothing worked.. that happend a couple times and it was really going to be anoying...
I could only finish the job by using my old infra-red connection .. what's that all about?? Hello.. bluetooth did not come to life yesterday... it is now some years old...

well i contacted today the support and will try to get this thing to work.

Next Problem: Software
I want to manage my address book through my pc as i did with my old nokia handy. But all i could find is a sync tool for Outlook... HELLO? Who the hell has Outlook installed on a private Computer? Is there nothing else? Someting Open Source?

1 comment:

Dready said...

As usual you have to shout before something happens ;-) My colleague send me a link to a Open Source Software, and that one does not need any Outlook!

http://fma.sourceforge.net/

The Software is brilliant!