Monday, November 20, 2006

damn Windows Word Charset

Although i thought i may have some more time working than eventually fixing some weird IE 6 Bugs i found one which held me up all day.

It looks like IE 6 sends illegal (malformed) HTTP POST request from forms which held some non ISO chars.

The thing is: i was able to find this site which helped me identify what my bug was, but then i traced it to one simple char.

It was one of Microsoft Word fu%$&ing Chars for - which where copied through to the textArea and so IE 6 was unable to work properly.

In the end two Microsoft Products were creating a Problem because they are unable to work correctly together.

If i wouldn't be such a nice guy i would curse the inventor of Words Charset!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was just contacted by a sales guy who wanted to sell me a newspaper, I told him from the intiial hallo bla bla thing that I
wasnt interested he talked a min of 10 min. finally a break and I simply told him again I'm not interested, he hang up..

He wasted both his and my time... :)

Anonymous said...

i genuinely love your writing type, very exciting,
don't quit as well as keep writing since it simply just truly worth to follow it,
impatient to browse a lot more of your current web content, have a good day!