Friday, September 29, 2006

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Yesterday my pc welcomed me with a blue screen including the the failure: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Somehow it has problems with my ati Drivers so i had to restart,... and switch harddisks (since somehow windows change them) and after some hard works (hours and hours, some restarts in safe mode and ubuntu) i was able to get windows loading again...

I deinstalled all software i installed lately, downgraded my ati driver to a version which worked over some months and updatet my chipset and bios... and nothing worked..

All i was able was to change the message to a machine_check_exception... Googling about it i found out it could be with jre or daemon tools or something else...
Of course there was also some information that the harddisc may be defect, but since it was more or less new i did not think about that it could be a problem...

But since i had the same drive again (i had them working as raid 1 until some months ago) i mirrored the defect disc to it and restarted with the new drive...

No problems anymore.. now i finally found out why i had so much trouble running them as raid ...

No comments: